Monday, April 20, 2009

Savouring the end...

So, our time here is quickly coming to an end. I am really torn about how I feel. I am super excited to start anew in Columbia and yet have some friends already established and of course the HUGE blessing of family around. But, I am really sad to be leaving my friends, our church and our apartment Commune... uh... I mean complex! :) It has been so nice to be here. God has definitely worked in our lives. a little over 2 weeks left now. Wow. So, we took our (probably) last trip into Norfolk and walked on the big Naval Ship with Brody. Here are some pics:







My sweet friend, Natali, is about to have her baby girl (in like a week or so). The rest of us from Bible study meant to have a baby blanket done for her by her shower that was a while ago, but at long last we finally finished it! Here is the end result:

Hope did the duckies, Elizabeth and Erica did a side of stripes each and I did the "bubbles" (that's in quotes because I'm not so sure it turned out to be bubbles!) We hope baby Monnette likes it!

So, along with going places that we may not visit for a long time... we're also trying to have dinner and hang-out times with all of our close friends. We've been soooo blessed with amazing neighbors across the hall. Erica and I hang out during the day (both stay at home mommas) and also at Bible study. They have a 5 year old son, Gabe. However, Brody is especially fond of James. He loves to push the buttons on his chair... which can be good and VERY bad too (he once knocked himself over with the chair while James was distracted, but that's another story!). So, this is the first time we let him sit next to Mr. James at the table. He was quite excited, but very disappointed that we wouldn't let him use the controller during dinner... oh well.
At one point during all this excitement over the weekend, Brody had had enough. He went into his room by himself and got his blanket... after John and I were like, "where is Brody??", we looked in the hallway outside Brody's room and this is what he was doing.... So, we let him get in his crib for a nap... funny boy.
Again, I have to say God is so good to us. We are excited about this transitional period, but please pray for us. There will be a lot of folks that we'll miss from around here!

4 comments:

Sarah Beth said...

The blanket turned out so cute, girls! Great job!

Anonymous said...

TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Yay blanket!

We are going to miss you guys...I can't believe the end is coming so quickly! Not the end....the transition...."Friends Are Friends Forever", anyone?

Christine said...

why does that song still make me cry?